Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 25L Gaming Desktop PC GT15-1000i (6J772AV)

I need some suggestions for troubleshooting a power management issue on my computer. When I leave my computer alone, it goes to sleep like it should. The problem is that it gets some sort of trigger every 1-2 minutes that makes the graphics cart LED in the case light up and the monitor lights up as well but complains that there is no signal. After that the graphics card goes dark again and also the screen.

Looking at my smartplug with energy meter, I can see that this happens all night.

I have checked the eventlog and also powercfg /lastwake without getting any relevant information.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @MagTer,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already done some thorough initial troubleshooting. Since you've checked the event log and used the powercfg /lastwake command without finding any relevant information, here are a few more steps you could try.

• Update Drivers: Make sure all your drivers, especially those for your graphics card and motherboard, are up to date. Sometimes outdated drivers can cause power management issues.
  • Check Power Settings: Double-check your power settings in Windows. Sometimes there are settings buried deep within Windows that can cause unexpected behavior. Ensure that your power plan settings are configured correctly, and that there aren't any conflicting settings.
  • BIOS Update: Check if there's a BIOS update available for your motherboard. Sometimes BIOS updates can fix power management issues.
  • Check for Background Processes: Make sure there aren't any background processes or applications that might be waking your computer. You can use Task Manager to see what processes are running.
  • Hardware Check: Ensure that all your hardware components are properly seated and connected. Loose connections can sometimes cause intermittent issues.
  • Disable Wake-on-LAN: If you're not using Wake-on-LAN functionality, you could try disabling it in your BIOS settings.
  • Check Scheduled Tasks: Look through your Task Scheduler to see if there are any tasks scheduled to run at the times when your computer is waking up. Sometimes software installations or updates can create scheduled tasks that wake the computer.
  • Power Management Troubleshooter: Windows has a built-in power management troubleshooter that you can run. You can access it by typing "troubleshoot" into the Windows search bar and selecting "Troubleshoot settings." From there, you can find the power troubleshooter and run it.

Hopefully, one of these steps will help you identify and resolve the power management issue you're experiencing with your OMEN gaming desktop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.