Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi there - here are the details of the issues I am facing:

PROBLEM - two days ago I got the dreaded bluescreen issue with my G2. For some time now, when I switched it on, I would get white screen fading in and out but after a while it 'settled' and I could play games like Elite Dangerous. However, now, like many before, I am getting bluescreen and white screen views coupled with a disorientating roll in my view, finally going black and disconnecting.

TROUBLESHOOTING - I have tried:

• GPUs - also plugging VR into different GPU slots, changing to PCIE V3 in bios, removing one GPU (I have two)

• USBs - removing as many USB devices as possible, plugging into other USB C slots, using a USB type A slot adapter)

• UPDATES - windows updates, mobo updates, bios updates, driver updates, optional updates Hardware - reseated plugs into PC, headset and plug socket

• REGISTERY- investigated virtual screens created in WMR (not occurring), investigated HAGS settings - not on

• SOFTWARE - cleared environment and reset room settings in Steam VR, tried other games, problems occur in WMR, Steam VR and Games 
  • PHYSICAL LAYOUT OF ROOM - tried chaning my physical position to face in another direction, tried standing

SYSTEM & HARDWARE DETAILS: CPU: Ryzen 9 5900X; MOBO: ROG CROSSHAIR VIII (WIFI); 64GB, Two RX 6800XT Gaming Trio GPUs; PSU 1200W OS: Windows 11 Home 64 Bit Headset: Hp Reverb G2 V2(The AMD release with AMD cable). 

HISTORY: Purchased in Feb 2022 Probably played in excess of 1,000 hours with minimal issues

Open to suggestions! Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.