Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP Reverb G2 Virtual Reality Headset
Microsoft Windows 11

Like others, I am getting the "7-14" error when I plug the Reverb G2 in.  I have tried other display ports, every USB 3 port I have, and also have tried the USB 3-to-USB adapter that was included with the Reverb.  Nothing works.  What am I going to do?  Is there a cable or adapter or something that will fix this?  Have already tried to talk with online chat about this to no avail.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Goofey,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

The "7-14" error on the HP Reverb G2 VR headset typically indicates a connection or communication issue between the headset and your PC. This can be due to various reasons such as port compatibility, driver issues, or even a faulty cable. Here are several steps and solutions you can consider to resolve the problem:

1. Check Cable Connections

• Ensure Tight Connection: Make sure the cable connecting the headset to your PC is securely and correctly plugged in. Sometimes the connection might seem okay, but a firm push ensures proper contact.
  • Inspect for Damage: Look over the cable for any signs of wear, bends, or damage. Cable faults are common sources of such errors.

2. Update or Reinstall Drivers

• Graphics Drivers: Ensure your graphics card drivers are up to date. Use the manufacturer's website (NVIDIA, AMD, or Intel) to find and install the latest drivers.
  • USB Drivers: Check if your USB drivers are updated. This can typically be done through the Device Manager in Windows.
  • Reverb G2 Firmware: Ensure your HP Reverb G2 firmware is up to date. Visit the HP support page for the latest firmware updates.

3. Check USB Power Settings

• Disable USB Selective Suspend: In the Power Options of the Control Panel, make sure USB selective suspend setting is disabled. This prevents Windows from turning off the USB port to save power, which could disrupt the headset's connection.
  • Use Powered USB Hub: A powered USB 3.0 hub can help ensure your headset is receiving sufficient power, especially if your PC's USB ports are not providing enough.

4. Test with Another PC

• If possible, try connecting your Reverb G2 to another PC. This can help determine if the issue lies with the headset or your PC.

5. Consider a Cable Replacement

• If you suspect the issue is with the cable and all other troubleshooting steps have failed, purchasing a replacement cable might be necessary. Ensure you get the cable directly from HP or a recommended retailer to avoid compatibility issues.

6. Compatibility Check

• Ensure your PC meets all the hardware requirements for the HP Reverb G2, including the necessary USB 3.0 (or higher) and DisplayPort connections.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.