Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1009ns
The brightness of my PC screen fluctuates from brighter to darker every 15 or 20 seconds. 
It's not the screen, I'm sure of this, because connecting a laptop it works correctly. What can be?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

OK, to make sure I have this right -- you have connected the same monitor, using the same cable, to a laptop and there are no display issues. Is that correct?

If so, that implies that the video chip or card in the desktop is failing.

If the desktop has integrated video, with a video chip soldered to the motherboard, that is neither easy or cheap to fix -- as it requires a new motherboard and that will be a USED one, since HP does not sell motherboards (as far as I know).

If the desktop uses an add-on video card, then you need to replace the card with one that works.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

With the laptop, works ok... may be the video card

Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.