Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

Docking with my Dell laptop and using an HDMI to display port connection - monitor is still extremely blurry. Unable to make display resolution to the recommended view. Highest option if 1280x800

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @GROW1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you're encountering issues with the display resolution and clarity on your HP monitor when connected to your Dell laptop through HDMI to DisplayPort. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially resolve the problem.

• Update Graphics Drivers: Ensure that both your Dell laptop's graphics drivers and the HP monitor drivers are up to date. Outdated drivers can sometimes cause compatibility issues and affect display quality.
  • Check Cable and Connections: Make sure the HDMI to DisplayPort cable is securely connected to both the laptop and the monitor. Try using a different cable or port if available to rule out any cable-related issues.
  • Adjust Display Settings on Laptop: Sometimes, the laptop's display settings can override those of the external monitor. Go to your laptop's display settings and make sure the external monitor is set to its native resolution. Also, try adjusting the scaling and resolution settings to see if it improves the clarity.
  • Adjust Monitor Settings: On the HP monitor itself, navigate through the on-screen display (OSD) menu to check if there are any settings related to sharpness, contrast, or resolution. You may also find an option to reset the monitor to its factory settings, which can sometimes resolve display issues.
  • Check Compatibility: Ensure that your Dell laptop and HP monitor are compatible with each other in terms of display resolutions and refresh rates. Sometimes, certain combinations may not work optimally together.
  • Test with Another Device: If possible, try connecting the HP monitor to another device (e.g., another laptop or desktop) using the same cable to see if the issue persists. This can help determine whether the problem lies with the monitor or the laptop.

By following these steps, you should hopefully be able to improve the display resolution and clarity on your HP monitor when connected to your Dell laptop.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.