Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 27 inch QHD 240Hz Gaming Monitor - OMEN 27qs

Hello,

Since I got this monitor, it flickers and almost seems to turn off. Sometimes it happens less and sometimes more regularly. The problem is that I bought this monitor and a new PC at the same time. So I'm not quite sure if the monitor is at fault or my graphics card.

Thanks in advance!

Heres also a video of this happening (Youtube automatically made it into a short and the link feature doesnt seem to work for shorts): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QIwT50DCaE&ab_channel=Niclas

My specs:

CPU: Ryzen 9 7900x
RAM: 32 GB DDR5 G.Skill Flare
MB: NZXT AMD B650E
GPU: Palit 4070 Ti Super Jetstream
PSU: NZXT C Series 2022 1000W
SSD: WD Black SN850X M.2

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

This is almost certainly an indication of failing video hardware -- either the monitor or the video chip/card or both.

To check for the monitor, you need to do both of the following:
1) Connect the monitor to another PC
2) Connect a different monitor to this PC

If 1) works OK, then the monitor is good; if it fails, then at least the monitor is bad -- but the video chip/card may also be bad.

If 2) works, the video chip/card is OK.

If you have a video card, then the card is failing and needs to be replaced. But if you have Integrated Video, then you are using the chips oldered to the motherboard and those are not replaceable.

If the monitor is bad, then your most practical "solution" is to replace it. Why? Because most places will not do repairs to monitors because the cost of those nearly always well exceeds the cost of replacing the monitor. Plus, HP does not do repairs to used equipment, so you would also have to find a repair place on your own.

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.