Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I'm sorry if i used the wrong tags, I don't know how to address my problem. So, I have this problem that happened a few months ago, I don't remember how did I solve it. So while I was using my PC I clicked by accident one of the buttons on the bottom right of the monitor, and a message saying "Auto adjustment in Progress" showed up, every time I click that button  (I'm sorry for bad description, English is not my first language) the windows screen moves to the left, leaving a black space where it's supposed to be the rest of the screen, if I click the button again, now the screen goes down and the task bar cuts, so I can barely see the icons, can someone tell me how to fix this? I've tried factory resent, I connected and disconnected the monitor several times and it doesn't work.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

You're talking about the physical alignment of the screen on the display -- and this is entirely a monitor hardware issue.  So nothing in software, including resets, is going to change this.

Every monitor has a On Screen Display (OSD) that puts up a menu with different screen options, one of them being alignment.  When you select that option, you get to "move" and "resize" the screen -- depending on what option you select.

There are usually five buttons on the monitor, one controlling the menu selection, one for up, one for down, one for right, one for left.  These are different on every monitor, so I cant' tell you which button does what but there is usually a symbol printed on the button that you can go by.

You go into one of the alignment settings and using the left, right, up, down buttons, move the display around.  When done, you press the Menu button again and then exit the OSD.

There is also usually an Automatic selection and that resizes the screen to fill the display and centers it on the monitor.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.