Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hi dhmh

The error code relates to the following hardware:

Device:

Communications

Includes:

GPS, HUB, Modem, Network Card, Network Drive, PCI Card, PCMCIA, Switch, USB.

Did you check WIFI and USB 2.0 and USB 3.0 ports to verify all is well?

This will prove it is a false positive.

Tom

HP Recommended

to all who replied..this is on my desktop and have a wirless modem and wifi for my laptop thru spectrum and all is working fine so i am positive its a software problem..thx all for your input

HP Recommended

Hi

To quote Ronald Reagan, "Trust but verify". :Wink:

Tom

HP Recommended

Just wanted to add.. This morning I ran the HP system test on the new 690. Everything passed except the IRQ test. Based on the comments within this section, I've concluded that it failed because I actually disabled the WiFi & Wireless settings.. Otherwise the system checks out and runs perfectly or at least how I've set the system up to suit me.

So if one is getting this error failed test message, check all device settings, unless one has deliberated disabled the device in question. Then disregard the failed error message.

HP Recommended
Need assistance on my hard disk failure

Failure ID : 0U0F23 - 6LW961K - MFKT1A - 61VK03.

Help please
HP Recommended

@Kafutila wrote:
Need assistance on my hard disk failure ID : 0U0F23 - 6LW961K - MFKT1A - 61VK03.

Welcome to this forum.

You should have started your own question, rather than appending to an existing question.

Anyway, your disk-drive either has failed, or it is in "imminent failure" status.

Similar to an automobile tire that has been vandalized and slashed, your disk-drive cannot be repaired -- it must be replaced.

Do you have the technical skills to disassemble your computer (desktop? laptop?) to remove the current disk-drive, purchase a compatible replacement, and connect the replacement? 

Are you familiar with using a "disk-cloning" procedure to try to make a copy of the disk-drive? 

What additional details about your computer can you provide? Model? Manufacturer? Capacity of disk-drive?

Please open a new question, and we can give more-detailed assistance.

HP Recommended

AmpLighter: I've got the same results here. The diagnostics reports IRQ and ROM error, even though it's just my wifi and mobile modem cards that I deliberately disabled in the Device manager of windows. Enabling them, the test runs with no errors.

HP Recommended

@Andreas1974 

Based on your reply, I'm assuming you've worked past this issue, by checking the wifi/wireless settings.. If the issue persiste, locate the system services then enable or disable anything rlevant to wifi or wireless. My persoanl prefeance is that I' disable the wifi, wireless & bluetooth on my computer as I do not use ot want any outside conntcections. However, I stillhave the gateway set up for wifi/wireless as the wife needs this to operate her tablet.

HP Recommended

Surely saved  me an hour of needless troubleshooting and reviewing. In my case, I run a relatively tight ship, so if I'm not using a device, I disable it. In this cvase  it was my Ethernet which was disabled as I am just too far to reasonably run any Cat6 so foregoing it for now. It's a pity that the "diagnostic software" fails because of this (without a faillsafe message explaining as such in clear language), but that's a different issue for a different group of people on a different day. 

Thanks! 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.