Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Window 10/HP Velocity
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After installing the Windows 10 Fall Creators Update - the system randomly got blue screen errors indicating errors and rebooted. The errors were related to the ipeaklwf.sys driver (Driver IRQL not less or equal). Lots of research finally revealed the driver was associated with the HP Velocity application. A complete uninstall of the product solved the problem. HP Velocity is not generally needed unless the system is being used in a "thin-client" envirornement. Unforturnately the app comes pre-installed and the service is set to run automatically.....

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

@NewportPaul

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

I'll be glad to help you 🙂 

As I understand you need help with the blue screen error followed by the Windows 10 fall update,

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

What is the product number of your device? Use this link to find it: http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03754824 

(Ensure you do not share any of your personal information such as serial, phone number, email ID, etc...).

Have you attempted to remove or uninstall software that you do not use, such as the HP velocity(if you have it installed)?

Please reply with details for further assistance,

Eager to help!

Keep me posted,

If the information I've provided was helpful, 

give us some reinforcement by clicking the solution and kudos buttons, 

that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Good Luck.

Riddle_Decipher
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I have had consistent problems with a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL error, with what failed = ipeaklwf.sys.  This occured mostly when opening WebEx, or trying to share screens in WebEx.  This is a new HB zBook 15u G4 with Windows 10 Pro.  Following your advice, I uninstalled HP Velocity.  I am now able to start WebEx and share screens.  I will need to see if this lasts or I'm just lucky, but it appears to have solved the problem.  Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hi, I got the totally same issue when opening Webex.

I could use webex months before. 

Today it crashed to blue screen once webex popup loaded.

Is the uninstall works? Is it safe to uninstall HP velocity?

HP Recommended

Yes, it is safe to uninstall - it is a software application that do not need!

HP Recommended

Thanks, I uninstalled it and could use webex now.

HP Recommended

I too had problems with ipeaklwf.sys and the recommendation to uninstall Velocity worked a treat.  It also had a splendid spinoff benefit.  The Google advertising sidebars that pop-up on eBay and numerous other on-line sellers' websites have now disappeared!   Result!

HP Recommended

Blue screen error ipeaklw.sys when opening "aaa,az insurance ,com" using google chrome. Problem solved by removing HP Velocity

HP Recommended

Two HP DL360 Gen9's, both running windows server2016 acting as terminal servers.

both hosting around 50/60+ HP T620 and T630 thin clients, and external connections in to hosted desktops. 

both server's crashed with an "IPeakLWF" Driver IRQ Not Equal To or something, and core dumped after the autumn update, entering a constant blue screen reboot cycle.

the entire office was out of action for a couple of hours while fortunatley i still have iLO access, to be able to get in -between- reboots and figure out what was going on. removed HP Velocity, servers resumed stable operation.

tested that afternoon with my Win10 Surface Pro. everything look fine remoting in with a thin client, then on getting home, opened it up to find my surface in a reboot cycle. again. the IPeakLWF driver blue screen, core dump. had to work quick to remove HP velocity server from my surface, but once that was done, it started behaving normally again.

DO NOT, install/run/enable HP Velocity on anything windows10/server2016 based with the current set of windows updates

HP Recommended

I too had problems with ipeaklwf.sys and the recommendation to uninstall Velocity worked a treat.  It also had a splendid spinoff benefit.  The Google advertising sidebars that pop-up on eBay and numerous other on-line sellers' websites have now disappeared!   Result!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.