Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion All-in-One PC 24-ca1000a (4N402AV)

Not sure if this is the right place to ask and can't find another category that fits the problem I'm having. The issue is my wireless mouse for my HP Pavilion desktop. The mouse stops working, as though it has no power. I've changed to new batteries several times in the past few days (from different packages) and it will work for a few minutes but then stops again. If I turn it off for a few minutes it will work a few minutes then stops again. I've checked for and run computer updates, no change, the mouse still works for a while then stops, as if it doesn't have power.

I cannot find a replacement (out of stock) to buy a new one, and even then it's the mouse and keyboard combo. The keyboard and mouse combo connection to the desktop is internal so I don't know how that would connect if I did replace it with a new one. And I can't find an answer to whether I can add a new wireless mouse that is not the same as this one, the kind with a separate USB plug in. I did try that with another (but not new) wireless mouse, plugged its connector into the USB port and the computer dinged but it does not recognize that mouse. And I cannot find in the settings where to add a  new mouse. 

I've tried the Virtual Support and that's no help, the options there don't fit this problem and I've already done these steps to check for power and connection. 

I have an HP account with my devices registered but today the site doesn't show a place to navigate to that page in my HP account. I cannot locate an online manual, it's as if it doesn't exist, but because this problem isn't an option in any of the virtual help pages I don't know that it's even in the manual. And I can't find an answer to the question about whether this desktop would accept a different mouse, even if it was just like the one that came with it, which I can't seem to find available to buy...I don't know which way to go at this point. 

Has anyone else had this issue and if so, did you find a solution? Has anyone added a new, separate mouse to their Pavilion desktop? The keyboard seems to be working just fine. 

I appreciate any advice and help - Dawn B

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Any new wireless mouse will come with a receiver that you plug into a USB port on your PC.

Your model MIGHT also have BlueTooth (BT) but I can't check because the HP Product page for your model wants a serial number:

https://support.hp.com/ph-en/product/details/hp-pavilion-all-in-one-pc-24-ca1000a/2101040307

If it does have BT, then get a wireless mouse that supports BT, as you will not then have to connect a new receiver for it.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.