Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
OMEN 30L Desktop - GT13-0024
Microsoft Windows 11

The computer picked up something during a (so called) update of flight simulator.  It's all I use the computer for and I tried several things and finally decided to just restore to factory default and start over.  Not going well.   Can anyone help me with this?  Getting as far as being asked to sign into Microsoft but it won't accept my credentials.  

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Fibroblast 

Welcome to the HP Forum.

Well, it sounds like your PC's hardware may be okay if you could get to the W11 "out of box experience" point during the install. Saying this because you indicated you had a problem while doing a flight simulator update. This update issue compelled you to try a HP factory recovery to fix something.

I can't see why W11 setup won't accept your sign in credentials if they are correct. Is the PC connected to the network? I would suggest a clean W11 install but you will hit the same Microsoft Account requirement roadblock.

I am now bypassing the Microsoft Account requirement by selecting a "School or Work" account at the point you are at during setup. This tells Window setup your PC is a member of a private domain having a system administrator. I use W10 Pro or W11 Pro. I don't know if the domain bypass will work with the W11 Home version.

Maybe you can set up a local account if you can bypass the Microsoft Account requirement.

Maybe your PC has a weird hardware problem (flaky memory or a failing system drive).

Check your PC's hardware using HP Diagnostics as follows:

Start the PC. Repeatedly tap the "ESC" key.

Select "F2". Run system and component tests to confirm: a drive problem, a memory problem, or other component problem. Run extensive tests.

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.