Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I bought  an HP 24 All-In-One PC from Costco in 2020. I left it in the house, in the original box, until today. I opened it up and put it together and tried to start it up. It won't start. I do see a white L.E.D. power light shinning on the back of the PC. Does it have a battery that needs to be replaced or charge up?

Mod # 9ED76AA#ABA  S/N 8ECO240B25

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

There is a CMOS battery that probably discharged.  Leave plugged in for an hour or two for it to charge back up.

Turn on the computer by holding the power button down for 20 full seconds then release. Press the Power button one more time (if necessary) to start the computer and then repeatedly press the ESC key and enter the diagnostic option page (F2 is diagnostics)

Makes sure you can pass the memory and disk test.

Press F10 to get into the BIOS setup.  In BIOS setup press F9 or whatever is required to reset the BIOS to factory. Set the date and time to local time and be sure to save setting before exiting.

If still have problem then

Click here for world-wide contact info
Or contact the closest authorized service center

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

Most likely, you probably need to replace the CMOS battery located inside the PC, on the motherboard. I hope that solves the issue at hand. Good luck!

HP Recommended

@Portobelo88 is correct.  After 4 years the battery may no longer hold a charge.

Motherboard picture shows where the battery is

Your system has cloud recovery should it ever  been needed.

BeemerBiker_0-1713660148453.png

Your system may run very slow for a few days until all the windows 10 updates get installed.

How to replace the CMOS battery:  Unplug from wall and touch the Power-On button 2-3 times to discharge the internal capacitors. Touch the metal case with your finger before touching the motherboard to discharge any static electricity you or the case may have.

This video shows how to remove the battery when a clip is holding it

https://youtu.be/cLUWoJzjGWs

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

A huge THANK YOU!! I really appreciate the help. I will follow your directions. I have some experience on this stuff so it should be easy to do.

HP Recommended

Thank you! Much appreciated!

HP Recommended

Thank you BeemerBiker!  Your help was fantastic!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.