Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
M01-F3224
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, i wanted to upgrade the RAM on this PC and wanted to know what the maximum RAM capacity is on this is. The specification sheet you guys have on your website for this makes it unclear if it is 32GB or 64 GB. I also wanted to know if you have any recommendations for the best RAM cards i could buy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@EchoStride006,

Please check what motherboard you got installed in your desktop: type in: System Information in your Windows search bar, and click on the System Information App, and tell me what it says to the right of "BaseBoard Product".  According to HP PartSurfer it should say "8AB6", but I just found out it could also say "8B3C".

And "best RAM"?

Looking online at HP System Desktop M01-F3xxx benchmarks, nothing really stands out as such.  If I were to upgrade your desktop, I would recommend a quality dual rank (2Rx8) RAM kit such as this 2x16GB purchase example: Timetec 32GB KIT(2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) PC4-25600 CL22 1.2V Non-ECC Unbuffered..., or: TEAMGROUP Elite DDR4 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz (PC4-25600) CL22 Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.2V UDIMM 288 ..., or if you want a 2 x 32GB RAM kit: Timetec 64GB KIT(2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) PC4-25600 CL22 1.2V Non-ECC Unbuffered....

Trust me: these RAM (RAMs?) perform as well as fancy "gaming" RAM.  Which reminds me: whatever you do, avoid RAM that says "XMP 2.0 ready" or something like that, as it means you'll get stuck at the RAM's lower default or "SPD" speed.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@EchoStride006,

Welcome to our HP community forum!

Your HP Desktop M01-F3224 PC (577L7AA) as fitted with an Erica9 motherboard (SSID: 8AB6) can be upgraded with up to 2 x 32GB of DDR4 PC4-25600, 3200 MHz, Non-ECC, Unbuffered, DIMM (UDIMM), 288-pin RAM sticks.

Chances are though, that you wouldn't need that much RAM.

Whatever RAM you choose to install in your desktop, for best RAM performance, use identical (same brand, model and capacity).

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

HP Recommended

@EchoStride006,

Please check what motherboard you got installed in your desktop: type in: System Information in your Windows search bar, and click on the System Information App, and tell me what it says to the right of "BaseBoard Product".  According to HP PartSurfer it should say "8AB6", but I just found out it could also say "8B3C".

And "best RAM"?

Looking online at HP System Desktop M01-F3xxx benchmarks, nothing really stands out as such.  If I were to upgrade your desktop, I would recommend a quality dual rank (2Rx8) RAM kit such as this 2x16GB purchase example: Timetec 32GB KIT(2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) PC4-25600 CL22 1.2V Non-ECC Unbuffered..., or: TEAMGROUP Elite DDR4 32GB Kit (2 x 16GB) 3200MHz (PC4-25600) CL22 Unbuffered Non-ECC 1.2V UDIMM 288 ..., or if you want a 2 x 32GB RAM kit: Timetec 64GB KIT(2x32GB) DDR4 3200MHz (or 2933MHz or 2666MHz) PC4-25600 CL22 1.2V Non-ECC Unbuffered....

Trust me: these RAM (RAMs?) perform as well as fancy "gaming" RAM.  Which reminds me: whatever you do, avoid RAM that says "XMP 2.0 ready" or something like that, as it means you'll get stuck at the RAM's lower default or "SPD" speed.

Hope this was helpful.

Kind Regards,

NonSequitur777

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.