Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - TG01-1020
Microsoft Windows 11

I have an HP tg01-1020 I think I have a broken supply because when I plug in my AC cord the pwr led next to power button flashes green once and fans spin for half a second and stops when I click power button again nothing happens until I unplug PSU cord from wall plug and plug it back in.( THe original PSU my PC came with was L76557-003) but the one I bought is the 942332-001 when I plugged everything in the pwrled flashed green continuously until it stopped and the power supply started making weird noises the noises stopped when I unplugged motherboard power cable it stopped and the pwrled didn't flash once again even unpullging ac cable from psu.So my question is should I just buy the L76557-003 which was the model that came with my PC or is there something else wrong with the PC?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Compatible 400W PSU with a PCIE 6+2 connector for graphics card

L69242-800

The PSU you bought before and connected is not compatible with the Baker motherboard in your PC.

You may have fried some discrete components in your motherboard.

If power is on, never connect or disconnect a PSU to a motherboard. That is a patently unsafe thing to do.

If I may ask, what was wrong with the original L76557-003 power supply?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Compatible 400W PSU with a PCIE 6+2 connector for graphics card

L69242-800

The PSU you bought before and connected is not compatible with the Baker motherboard in your PC.

You may have fried some discrete components in your motherboard.

If power is on, never connect or disconnect a PSU to a motherboard. That is a patently unsafe thing to do.

If I may ask, what was wrong with the original L76557-003 power supply?

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

About 4-5 months ago I was trying to play before the screen froze and I tried to unplug the PC cord from the PSU and reconnect as a way to restart the PC but when I plugged back in I heard a spark and smelt a burning smell from the PSU and the pwrled next to power button on PC flashed green once and PC never turned on again.

HP Recommended

Also do you think there's anything wrong with the motherboard or is it fine

HP Recommended

Unless it was done inadvertently, marking your own post as the solution and then asking another question would seem a bit strange.

HP Recommended

it was done inadverdently

HP Recommended

OK.

HP Recommended

The motherboard may or may not have been damaged by the sudden inrush of current.

From your description of what happened, you already  know that the PSU is fried.

I would unplug the power cord and remove the PSU and then visually inspect and smell the  motherboard to determine whether or not the damage is obvious.

It would be worth the money spent to try a PSU that is known to be compatible with the motherboard.

Even though a PSU  costs $$, It would be far less expensive than sourcing a replacement for the complete PC.

HP Recommended

I just purchased an L76557-003 PSU replacement from Amazon it will be arriving later today I will let you know if anything happens. thank you.

HP Recommended

Great!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.