Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

So I want to buy a               Samsung - 990 PRO 4TB Internal SSD PCle Gen 4x4 NVMe but not sure if it would work on the omen 30L

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

It will work, but you can't change the bandwidth that your Omen's chipset  drivers will run it at.

It is  set to a default and not changeable.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

HP has produced and brought to market more than a thousand different models of notebooks and desktop PCs over the years.

It is difficult to help you if we don't know which specific model you own.

An Omen 30L is a partial description of a desktop PC.

Method #1: If the notebook will boot into Windows, you can retrieve your Product Number by pressing Fn + Esc key.

Method #2: Press the power button and immediately tap the F10 key to invoke the BIOS. In the Main section, you will find the Product number or Product ID. Post that in your next reply in your thread.

Method #3: Press the power button and immediately tap the F2 key.
If your laptop has HP Hardware Diagnostics UEFI version 10.3.0.0, there is a System Information section that also has the Product ID.
We need that information, along with the installed Operating System information to help you.

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

Hey so i did that and i found it but it does not say the numbers on it ? Is that normal ? Only thing i did find was the System Board CT Number 

HP Recommended

Interesting.

Which method did you try?

All HP PC's have that information in the system information dialogue window.

It was put there at the factory using a proprietary DMI firmware utility, when it was assembled as part of a standard process.

There is also a label at the rear of the PC which has the HP product number and the HP product name.

HP Recommended

I did method 2 and could not see it but I found the code on the pc  is it 2MD1492L53 ?

HP Recommended

Providing the serial number was not expected, nor recommended. It did provide me with access to the HP PartSurfer information for the base configuration of your desktop model series, but not the specific configuration

An original SSD is 

M.2 2280 256GB PCIe Gen 3x4 WD OMEN  HP Part Number L97019-001

So, an M.2 2280 footprint PCIe NVMe Gen 3 is supported by the chipset and BIOS of your Omen desktop PC.

The Gen 4 unit you asked about will operate, but will operate at Gen 3  reduced bandwidth.

HP Recommended

Ok sweet what would I need to do to have the gen 4? 

HP Recommended

It will work, but you can't change the bandwidth that your Omen's chipset  drivers will run it at.

It is  set to a default and not changeable.

HP Recommended

Oh ok thank you for the help 🙂 Have a great day !!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.