Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need a little help trying to make this low budget HP Pavilion p6-2310 pc a better gaming pc. 

Currently the graphic card and the specs will be located at the end of this message and will be prompted from CMD “systeminfo” command. 

I’ll get to the point - currently the pc can run a small game that’s roughly 1.8GB at top frame 40 fps (which is not good) and it drops to 23/10 fps causing massive game stutter during a first person shooter game with low quality.

I have no clue if it’s possible to smack a high end graphics card from AMD to a GeForce RTX  I do know tbh power supply would also need a upgrade but I tried loads of research and I haven’t seen many pavilion modifications with the specific system model as I do. 

I was also wanting to do even more modifications since sky is the limit but I need a good start. 

Upgrades I’m really wanting done :

1 CPU upgrade

2 GPU upgrade

3 Power Supply upgrade that could possibly fit in case (will be kind of hard since the pc frame is really small)

4 SSD or ram upgrade 

——

Current System Specs 

OS Name : Microsoft Windows 10 Home 

OS Version : 10.0.19045 N/A Build 19045

OS Configuration : Standalone Workstation

OS Build Type : Multiprocessor Free

System Manufacturer : Hewlett-Packard

System Model : p6-2310

System Type : x64-based PC

Processor(s)  : 1 Processor(s) Installed.

[01]: AMD64 Family 10 model 1 Stepping 0 AuthenticAMD ~2800 Mhz 

BIOS Version : AMI 8.04, 8/9/2012

————

I think these are all the specs that is mandatory for upgrading. 

16 REPLIES 16
HP Recommended

I looked up various options.  BTW: this site lists what others have found to work

https://www.userbenchmark.com/System/HP-p6-2310/8284

NVidia GT 750 should work

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

I tried installing the GeForce GTX 750 Ti but it’s currently freezing the start up when I start the system. When I remove the installed GPU it runs perfectly fine. I have a feeling I was either scammed on the gpu off eBay or either I’m missing a component like a CPU upgrade or I’m not getting enough power. it runs but it’s very loud.

HP Recommended

Here is the spec page for a GeForce GTX 750 Ti 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/graphics-cards/geforce-gtx-750-ti/specifications/

Note the power requirements is for a 300w power supply.

With the statement "it’s currently freezing the start up when I start the system" just what happens.  If there are any displayed happenings, please post a picture.

On the CPU - what is currently installed?

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

The current power supply I have is the standard HP on the side it says “MAX OUTPUT POWER : 300 W @ 20 degC  - 250 W @ 50 degC” it’s standard efficiency currently and the CPU I have currently is the one I have built in when I’ve got it. Also my apologies on taking a while to respond.

HP Recommended

Please explain more than "it’s currently freezing the start up when I start the system" .  If there is something on the screen, post a picture or a video of what it is doing.

It could be the graphics card is bad.  Try it in another PC.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

It unfortunately won’t let me take a video, if there is a way to please let me know but it freezes here (1st picture) the second picture I tried booting up at BIOS and it gets stuck here after I try to navigate for a few 

it won’t let me upload pictures so I had to upload on “imgbb” 

img 1 ) https://ibb.co/rvC59PP • stuck on HP startup / freezes 

img 2 ) https://ibb.co/g4yWnfs • freezes when navigating on BIOS 

extra ) when going frame by frame during a video I did I did notice some words but I couldn’t get it all due to it saying “attempting windows repair” and it’s also freezing during that since I have the GPU hooked up. 

but here is that image but it’s hard to make out 

https://ibb.co/kx18ZF5

if you can find me a way to upload a video from my iOS device it would be very appreciated and I respect you a lot for helping me try to solve this @TheOldMan you’re a real one. 

HP Recommended

Since the pictures or video are from an iPhone, they will need to be converted to an acceptable format before uploading.

iPhones use a special format(HEVC) for video and (HEIC) for pictures, that needs to be converted to straight MP4 for video and JPEG for pictures.  See here:

https://www.videoproc.com/iphone-video-processing/iphone-supported-video-formats.htm

Then they can be used in the forum.  Use the camera icon and video icon in the choices above to load them.

I'm not an HP employee.
HP Recommended

 This is when it freezes on startup that I mentioned.

C2AD679C-18CF-4BC8-8B95-D6133CE225A7.jpeg

 When freezing during navigation to bios 

94CE154B-BB45-47D0-BE1D-898D6D894A39.jpeg

this below image is when I first started up when I first plugged in the GPU now it won’t pop up it tries to do the windows repair but it freezes as well.

219E4C5B-C1BF-4E44-A956-B73E05DA017E.jpeg

When I remove the gpu it runs normally.

I tried to upload a video but it doesn’t allow me here, it just tells me gif and picture extensions when I converted .mov to .mp4. I’ll possibly upload it on YouTube if I’m allowed to do it that way.

HP Recommended

copy_1218F93A-04F3-4D60-B5BD-3F1910E9FED7.gif

 here is the gif of the boot up though unfortunately it’s in 240p 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.