Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP M27fwa FHD Monitor

Hi Guys

I get no sound out of my new Monitor.

before I have had a BenQ Monitor and it worked without problems.

The device name of the sound device was somnething lik "BenQ..."

My PC is connceted to the monitor via Hdmi. I  tried both ports . no difference.

I also have an old Windows 7.1 Installation on my windows PC. When I start this, it works without problems. The sound device name to choose is then "HP M27fwa FDA"

I dont find a DEVICE to select at windows device manager or at Windows Sounds.

i use a NVida  GeForce GT 610.

there are grey devices Nvida Audio in the Sounddevices. But they are not active,

I also have a built in RealTek Soundcard, but this should not be relevant?

Does anyone know help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

OK. Deinstalled the NVida High resolution Audio driver.

reinstalled it in the device manager with: "search for new hardware"

and, suddenly,  I have a device "HP M27fwa FHD" in the dropdown List of sound devices!

Yeah!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

OK. Deinstalled the NVida High resolution Audio driver.

reinstalled it in the device manager with: "search for new hardware"

and, suddenly,  I have a device "HP M27fwa FHD" in the dropdown List of sound devices!

Yeah!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.