Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

everytime I print with a new cartridge is says collect reward for using hp cartridge

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please follow the procedure mentioned below to disable HP Rewards from popping up.

Open devices and printers using the control panel. 

Right-Click on your printer icon in devices and printers.

Select printer properties. 

Select the ports tab.

Uncheck the option on the bottom that says 'Enable bidirectional support' and click on the OK button. 

Restart the computer. 

This will stop the computer from any pop-ups regarding HP Rewards. 

Let me know if this helped. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Greetings @kdbramer

Welcome to HP Forums and Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to claim the ink reward for your printer, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to assist you. 

Are you facing any issues with the printer?

Ink rewards program has been discontinued cannot be claimed.

Refer to this HP Page to know more. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

i really wasn't looking for anything, just annoying to get it to come up every time I pring?

HP Recommended

can you help me get rid of this each time I print?

HP Recommended

I gues there is no answer to this question about the message coming up after each time I print?

HP Recommended

don't give a hoot about the reward.  just very annoying!

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply, please follow the procedure mentioned below to disable HP Rewards from popping up.

Open devices and printers using the control panel. 

Right-Click on your printer icon in devices and printers.

Select printer properties. 

Select the ports tab.

Uncheck the option on the bottom that says 'Enable bidirectional support' and click on the OK button. 

Restart the computer. 

This will stop the computer from any pop-ups regarding HP Rewards. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.