Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Get help with Large Format Printers, with direct access to all Large Format Knowledge Center· Ask anything · Find anything · Share anything at HP LKC
HP Recommended

Hi everyone,

I'm using an HP DesignJet T2600 plotter and have a question about ink cartridge compatibility. My research online indicates that the standard HP730 ink cartridges are compatible with the T2600, however, our printer seems to require the HP730F variant.

The "F" variant appears to be a regional variation not readily available in the US, making it difficult to acquire these cartridges.

Therefore, I'd like to inquire if anyone has experience using both the regular HP730 cartridges in a DesignJet T2600 in the US and the HP730F cartridges. Are there any compatibility issues or potential problems with using the non-F variant cartridges?

Any insights or information from the community would be greatly appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

According to the HP Supplies website here are the compatible hi-yield cartridges that are compatible with the T2600. I check one of the skus with my distributor and they show lots of available stock in Canada and based on experience, supply is always better in the US than Canada so you should have no problem finding them. Use the product number listed such as P2V73A  - photo black cartridge when searching, ignore the 730 number.

Repairatrooper_0-1714766023044.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Oddly, the cartridges that are recommended for our model of T2600dr aren't listed there (the SKU for the 730F cartridges is 1XB30A). Looking at the listing on HP's site for the regular 730 cartridges (SKU P2V71A) the product number for our model of T2600dr isn't listed as a compatible device either

Kcullinan_0-1714997556244.png

Here is the product number shown for our plotter

Kcullinan_1-1714997663480.png

On some third part sites I do see Product number 3EK15F listed as compatible with the P2V71A cartridges but on others I do not, and on HP's own site I do not, so I am still confused as to if these cartridges will work with this particular model. 

It is worth noting that I did reach out to HP's customer support via phone with this question and was told I would have no issues using regular 730 cartridges, but with their website's compatibility chart showing otherwise I am hesitant.

HP Recommended

This support document from HP would suggest that standard 730 cartridges work

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2405837-1980674-16

No mention of them requiring an F

Repairatrooper_0-1715026238511.png

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.