Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Elite Dragonfly Notebook PC IDS Base Model
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Model name HP Elite Dragonfly Product Number : 6FW22AV I've cleaned my laptop motherboard but unfortunately lost this aluminium motherboard shield cover, which is marked as red. Please tell me the part name.  And is it available on HP Partsurfer or Aliexpress?

dragonfly.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello.

First of all, are you certain there was a aluminium shield there? My image search on Dragonfly boards was inconclusive: there are board pictures on the internet without any shielding, such as this one.

In any case, the Maintenance and Service Guide for the Dragonfly does list a "Hardware Kit" on the miscellaneous section, p/n: L74087-001. It has the following description:

includes fingerprint reader bracket, security lock bracket, solid-state drive cover, nano SIM tray, system board ZIF connector shield, USB board ZIF connector shield, USB Type-C shield, top antenna frame, protective insulator, bottom gasket, solid-state drive protective insulator, and USB Type-C protective insulator

I couldn't find any images of the contents of this kit, so it would be a gamble whether the part you want is in there...

HP Recommended

This is an official HP Support YouTube channel screenshot that clearly shows an aluminium shield( marked in the red area).HP Dragonfly G2 Replace.JPG

HP Recommended

Hello.

The video is for Elite Dragonfly G2, a successor model for Elite Dragonfly. They do not share the same system boards. It may superficially look the same, but if you compare the video capture image to the system board image you posted earlier, your board is also missing the huge grey square of protective tape in the middle of the board and the chip on the top right corner as well.

In any case, your laptop will likely work even without the assumed shield. I can't recognise the chip that lies there - some wireless chips may require EMI shielding to operate correctly / to not mess up with other devices / to pass some certification.

I don't think I can help you any more in this case.

HP Recommended

After assembling my system board, I think my notebook type c port seems to be too tight, so I'm afraid this can be caused by this missing shield. Would you please tell me if it could happen to USB Type-C protective shield insulator connections or other things?

HP Recommended

Hi,

Your Dragonfly has two USB-C ports, both are tight? If you have the old board at hand, try those ports as well. USB-C port should be sufficiently tight anyway to hold the USB cable.

I don't see how any sort of shield over the component would affect USB port tightness or loosen them in any way. 

Tightness is subjective, so you will just have to eyeball the ports yourself and see if they are banged/dented. If you have the old system board at hand, use it for comparing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.