Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

To any HP customer and especially a OBiHai ATA owner reading this, I would STRONGLY suggest calling  HP regarding this EOS next month. Stating concern about the future of your OBiHai VoIP adapter;

Poly/HP;
Contact HP (the site doesn't allow phone numbers) choose #3 which is Voice & Video

There is a specific 'team' within that group called; "OBI Support Team"

I first talked to someone in V & V and explained my concern about these OBi ATA's EOS December 18th date announcement which he was aware of. He states HP will still support these as to "troubleshooting", but no new firmware will be included. He was also aware of the ones that work with Google Voice. I specifically mentioned the OBi201 and the 202 models and the popularity of those.

I also asked if there was something in writing about what he told me regarding support and he said no.

I then asked about this  OBI support team, if I could speak to someone from that group to see if I could get more information about HP's plans (or lack of) for these ATA's.
I was connected and confirmed what I was told by the first support person. He told me HP has been discussing what they plan to do about these ATA's and he expects a decision to be made by next month or earlier. He also feels, HP isn't going to leave potential customers high and dry (my words, not his).

In all, I was on the phone over a hour with both which kinda surprised me, getting my hopes up. He did stress about HP receiving additional input from users/owners of these ATA's to make the concern stronger. Google Voice or not.

So, here I am hoping HP will read this and not abandon these OBihia/Poly ATA's. Frankly, I don't know why Poly walked away from these as there is a need for them. Not everyone wants the expense of buying more phones when they already have them.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @videobruce1 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community. Please look at the Poly ATA 400 Series.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.