Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
HP DeskJet 2755e All-in-One Printer
Android 9.0 Pie

My printer is actually a deskjet 2700e, which wasn't in the menu, and it is my 1st network printer situation, but wondering if buggy Android app "HP Smart" will ever be fixed ?

It produces really unpredictable situations.

The fact that I need to sign in to print something is infuriating !

Yes HP will give you an email passcode to reset your password if you forget it, but if you try retrieving it on your phone, as soon as you navigate away from the app in Android 10, it goes back to the introductory login screen when you return to enter the emailed code. Over and over again.  Plus I've had to setup the network install multiple times and the HP2700 isn't even on the list of HP printers ... you have to discover it like with early Windows drivers. I've probably spent hours setting everything up,  just to print a few pages. Not surprising from a corporation that doesn't want to talk to it's customers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.