Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Rove 20 Handset + B1 Base Station Kit

I have the Poly ROVE B1 Base Station wireless system running firmware 8.0.05/2.  It was provisioned by the MetaSwitch SIP-PS using the Poly developed End Point Pack (Version 5).  When a call with the ROVE 20, 30 or 40 handsets are ended by the far side (not the ROVE) a short busy signal is played.  In the lab environment this isn't too concerning but I am testing these out for possible deployment to our customer base.  As a user i would be concerned that the far side dropped the call or something happened to my connection.  Do I have something incorrectly configured that could cause this?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello @IanH46 ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

In the UC World, the parameter would be:

call.remoteDisconnect.toneType="silent"

This is a RFC standard and silent would not play anything. As I believe not all UC Parameters are translated into Obi configuration I suggest you contact our Support organization in your region. Details are in my Signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your time Steffen, I was directed to upgrade the base station to the latest version of firmware, 8.0.8?  Would you happen to have a link to that?  I'm not seeing it anywhere but I do see an admin guide written for it.

Thank you for your time,

Ian

HP Recommended

Hello @IanH46 and all,

HP Poly Rove software is https://support.hp.com/gb-en/drivers/rove-base-station-series/2101728172 as an example.

For the "Select the version" select Poly Voice and submit the search. The Software-Solutions will list the different Base Station Software. The same would be applicable for the Handset etc.

I have created an FAQ:

Now 10, 2023 Question:How can deploy a Rove Base Station or Register a Handset?

?

Resolution: Please check >here<

The Firmware Table still lists the older 8007 software but once you understand the naming convention you should be able to figure out how to add the data to the instructions and let the base download the firmware for the Base, Repeaters, and Handsets.

Our support team should be consulted if you have any follow up questions.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.