Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Poly Studio P21
Microsoft Windows 11

Hello - I have a Poly Studio 21 and it is great.  The only problem is that the colors displayed on screen are very "cold" and harsh to the eyes.  Nearly all monitors manufactured in the last 5 or even 10 years have some way to adjust the color temperature.  Or at a minimum, the tint (red/green)

How do I do this for the Poly Studio P21?  I'm only seeing Brightness, Contrast, and 50hz/60hz settings in the Poly Lens app.  Interestingly, the camera controsl include a lot more customization - brightness, contrast, color temperature, hue, saturation, sharpness, gamma, white balance, among others.

If the display's settings do not currently include being able to adjust the color temperature, I'm afraid I'll need to return the monitor.

coding_0-1707753748768.png

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello, @coding, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with the Poly Studio P21.

I would recommend that to be able to have those settings, you should have the Poly Studio version P21 1.1165.71.2094 or later, and the options will be under control. 

Please check and let me know.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Hello @coding 

welcome to the Poly community.

With the latest Firmware 1.1165.71.2094 and the latest Display Link 10.1.2762.0 drivers both on a PC running Windows 11 and Poly lens Desktop 1.3.2

SteffenBaierUK_0-1707842054971.png

or a Mac Book Pro running Sonoma 14.4 the above settings are shown.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @Meghana_10!

Thank you for your reply.  You mentioned that I should have the "Poly Studio version P21 1.1165.71.2094 or later".  That is indeed the version I am using.  You mentioned, "or later".  Is there in fact a later version?

coding_1-1708007238062.png

As for the settings I am in need of, you mentioned " the options will be under control. "  However, those are not the monitor settingsThose are the camera settings.

I need to adjust the monitor colors, not the colors that the camera is picking up.

Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hi @SteffenBaierUK !

I appreciate your kind reply.  Are the settings you showed for adjusting the camera  output?   Or for adjusting the display itself?  I'm trying to adjust the display itself.

For me, the controls you screenshotted only adjust the camera's outputted image.

Thanks for your help....and hoping we can find a solution for the display adjustment together!

HP Recommended

Hello @coding 

the drivers for the screen, unlike a traditional VGA or HDMI screen, are provided my ou technology partner DisplayLink as this is a USB screen.

You could try and reach out to them and see what the options are or make use of the HP Support infrastructure.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.