Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Voyager 5200 UC USB-A

poly voyager 5200 uc
Hello everyone,
I have 4 of Plantronics headphones, I am very disappointed with several things.
1. First, it is very difficult to reach a full 7-hour charge, even after fully emptying the battery and charging it with a USB cable.
2. The factory commits to 30 meters of Bluetooth reception, which in practice is usually a few meters or even when the phone is in the pocket of the shirt and I turn my head to the other side, reception problems begin that are not resolved until turned off and on.
And when I get off the bus to open places, reception problems begin.
3. The headset does not filter noise inside a bus when there is air conditioning noise.
4. The device disconnects a lot
5. The sensors do not always detect that the phone is in the ear.
And yes, I did all your advice and it didn't help.
In my opinion you are using very old technology.

13 REPLIES 13
HP Recommended

Hello, @yakov6, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing this issue with the Poly Voyager 5200 UC.

Could you please let me know the troubleshooting steps you tried to resolve the issues with the headset so that we can assist you further and try resolving the issue?
Also, please let me know if all four headsets are Voyager 5200 UC or any other model.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Thanks.
beginning,
1. I drained the battery completely, and charged me for an hour and a half.
2. I updated the software.
I reset the settings by long pressing the volume with the answer button.
I did everything poly customer service told me.
Regarding the Bluetooth reception, the reception is very poor.

HP Recommended

Yes all four voyager 5200 uc headsets

HP Recommended

@yakov6 It seems like you have tried almost all the troubleshooting, and it looks like the headset is faulty. I would request that you contact our HP Support to get the headset replaced if it is under warranty, and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Meghana

HP Recommended

I contacted hp and they sent me another refurbished headset.
And it didn't work out at all.
The first time I bought headphones and activated the warranty and they sent me a refurbished one.
The refurbished one also had the same problems, and they sent me another one, so I have 3 headphones.
I bought brand new headphones a month ago and they also have the same problems.
So I think you need to update your firmware version to address these issues.
Is it possible to improve the bluetooth reception range like with the Jabra?

HP Recommended

I am really sorry for the inconvenience caused to you, @yakov6 

Could you please let me know which device you are connecting the headset to?
The Bluetooth reception could be because of Bluetooth interference in public. Also, please let me know the firmware version of the headset so that I can look into this issue and assist you better.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

yakov6_0-1706038602483.png

מכשיר נייד עם בלוטוס 5

HP Recommended

yakov6_0-1706038871517.png

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the update @yakov6

It seems like you have tried almost all the troubleshooting, and it looks like the headset is faulty. I would request that you contact our HP Support to get the headset replaced if it is under warranty, and our Support Engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.