Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Voyager 5200 M OFFICE USB-A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Poly Voyager 5200 Office USB-A headset connected to a softphone. If I choose the option to ignore an incoming call or fail to answer a call the headset will continue to ring.  This happens until the headset is power cycled or the base, and sometimes both need to be powered off and back on to stop the ringing.

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello, @CB5200, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Poly Voyager 5200 Office USB-A headset.

Could you please let me know the make and model of the phone that is being paired with the headset so that I can assist you better?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

It is connected via USB to a PC as a softphone headset for an application called "DialPad".  The base unit is set to ring on incoming calls and continues to ring well after the caller has hung up.  Hope this helps, and thank you for your assistance!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much, @CB5200 

Could you please send me a picture of the USB that is connected to the PC so that I can check and let you know?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Headset.jpg

The base plugs into a USB port on the computer via the cable pictured.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. @CB5200 

Could you please remove all the connections and unpair the headset from the base and PC, re-do all the steps once again, and also restore the settings to default on the Poly Lens application on PC and check if the issue still persists?

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance. If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution more easily by giving Kudos/Thumbs Up and marking my post as an Accepted Solution.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

I have searched several documents on your website, but nothing tells me how to unpair the headset from the base.  Can you please provide the information on how to accomplish that step and I will proceed with your instructions?

Thank you.

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. @CB5200 

Please check the link provided below, which is the user guide for the Voyager 5200 Office headset. Let me know if it resolves the issue.
Voyager 5200 Office Bluetooth headset system for desk phone User Guide (hp.com)

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.