Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Hello, I'm unable to add my device, Poly Sync 20 (S/N reads: EE0E98           AA          J0).

I can't disable the super loud, annoying tones through Poly Lens android app. The software is updated. No tone settings work: neither for volume, nor for alerts. However, the profile/eq does noticably cut out the unnecessary bass.

I will have to return the device if the alerts can't be disabled. It's a great pity, because Sync 20 does a decent job in terms of noise reduction.

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, welcome to the HP Poly community.
During the playback of the audio announcement simply press the decrease / lower to adjust the volume of the announcement

Regards,
Meghana 

HP Recommended

Meghana, thank you for your reply. I've read about this solution before. However, it doesn't seem to work for me (this is why I tried to find a workaround and installed the app). When I decrease the volume (by holding the - button or frantically tapping it) during the announcement, which is also very short, the general volume decreases, not only the announcement/tone/alert volume. So when I'm on a call and want to hear my interlocutor, I turn the volume up again - and all the announcements are back to normal in terms of volume (which is super loud).

HP Recommended

Also, it doesn't change the fact that the app is useless because a dozen settings cannot be controlled over it, although present in the app. Why don't Poly developers do something about? So many people have complained. My clients, co-workers and partners know I've done extensive research on speakerphones and initially I was recommending Sync 20/20+, but when I mentioned the uncontrollable loud voice alerts and announcements, they were definitely put off.

HP Recommended

I am extremely sorry for the inconvenience caused to you.
I will check with the internal team regarding this issue.
Thank you for your patience.

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Thank you Meghana. I'll be looking forward to an update. 

HP Recommended

Thank you for your patience.
Could you please let me know the country you live in so that I can assist you better?

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Of course. I'm from Poland and that's where I bought the unit. It's been doing a great job bringing my in-class and online students together. The noise cancellation kicks in rather aggressively sometimes, but that's good, because the voice doesn't get altered to the point beyond which it would be incomprehendible, and the traffic noise (our office is on ground floor) gets cancelled out almost completely. I wish, though, the level of noise reduction could also be adjusted. I think I could even live with all those annoying sounds, although I really don't understand why such a simple and basic setting is so difficult to tweak.

HP Recommended

By annoying sounds I obviously mean all the notifications/tones/alerts.

HP Recommended

I understand, thank you for the update.
I would request you to call +44 1753 723020 for further and better additional support.

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.