Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Poly Sync 40 that I used on an HP Elitebook laptop running Windows 10.  Everything worked fine -- very plug and play.  I received a new HP Elitebook running Windows 10.  I plugged in the Poly phone and it made no noise (usually it announces when the phone has been connected).  The laptop recognizes that the phone is plugged in and it thinks it's producing noise (when I click the 'Test' button in Sounds, the green equalizer indicator moves) but literally no sounds is coming from the Poly phone.

As a test, I tried plugging the Poly phone into my old laptop where it worked fine in the past and now it's not working there either.  What could cause it to stop working altogether?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.