Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
VVX 450

I have successfully disabled poly ztp using the config file but the phone also has a polycom ztp that I am unable to disable from the config.  I can do it from the phone menu but would like to have it automated to disable.

<device device.set="0">
<device.prov device.prov.ztpEnabled="0" device.prov.ztEnabled="0">
<device.prov.ztpEnabled device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="0" />
<device.prov.ztEnabled device.prov.ztEnabled.set="0"/>
</device.prov>
</device>

Any suggestions ?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

I'm also searching for a way to disable ZTP via a configuration file.  

Using the documented process, the VVX 411  (et al) that I've experimented with continue to show ZTP Enabled in the phone's display.  

SIP version 6.3.1.8427

Do I just need to update the firmware?  (I've tried a few versions...)

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Hello @FortelNetworks  and @Bob-McCarthy ,

welcome to the HP Poly community.

From our VoIP FAQ:

Jul 25, 2013 QuestionHow can I setup certain Device parameters on my phone via a configuration file?

Resolution: Please check => here <=

Therefore:

<change device.set=“1” device.prov.ztpEnabled.set=“1” device.prov.ztpEnabled.set="0" />

The above can be archived by using a provisioning server. Everything is documented in the FAQ. Please ensure you make use of it.

If all fails, and no other volunteer replies and a phone is in warranty, simply open a support ticket. Details are in my signature.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

Thanks for all you do for the Poly community!  Really, it's very much appreciated!  I've studied many of your responses over the years...

I am now able to disable the Poly ZTP with an edited version of your suggested configuration.  (There appears to be a typo in that code.)

So Poly ZTP is now Disabled.

But Polycom ZTP still shows as Enabled.  I'm not sure if this is a concern or not- I want to prevent the phones from reaching out to some old configuration that I have no control over.

We have about a thousand Polycom phones provisioned (we recommend the hardware, but don't sell the equipment.) Over  the last couple of years, we have started getting reports of phones that have lost all programming- the provisioning information (FTP) is gone.  My hunch is the ZTP is causing this following some firmware update or power cycle event...

HP Recommended

Hello @FortelNetworks 

HP Poly never automatically adds a Phones MAC address to ZTP at the point of sale. This is usually done by the person or the organization who owns the Phone.

If you are dealing with phones that are in ZTP then I suggest contacting the previous owner to remove these from ZTP. Alternatively, if you have proof of ownership HP Poly can do this for you.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.