Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Dear colleagues, please help me with firmware latest than 1.3.3 version.

I need to update it on CX5500 to fix mute button problem.

I'm find a similar thread here link    But site polycom now closed and redirects all requests to HP Support and there no any software or frimeware to CX5500.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @DmitryUK 

I suggest using the CX5500 with a system that does not have Microsoft Teams installed. If this works then please go ahead and open a ticket with Microsoft to get their team to look at the issue with Microsoft Teams.

If this is not working on a clean Teams free system then there is nothing us volunteers can do.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @DmitryUK ,

welcome to the HP Poly community. The CX5500 is end of support and end of life.

From our VoIP FAQ:

• Jan 06, 2024 Question: Since the move from Poly to HP where can I download Software?
    ResolutionPlease see >here< for an explanation and create an Account for Poly Lens in the cloud

A list of older Audio, Video and Voice archived software and Release Notes articles are published on Official HP® Support knowledgebase. These articles are snapshot of Poly support portal before its sunset in Dec 2023. Any new software release after, please follow the new software distribution path.

To search for archived software and Release Notes, please follow the instructions:
  1. Open the Official HP® Support site.

SteffenBaierUK_0-1714213462087.png

In the search bar, type in “Archived' after the name of the product you are looking for, in this example we searched for the RMX Software and Archived Release Notes

SteffenBaierUK_1-1714213462865.png

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear SteffenBaierUK,

I tried to find the firmware according to your instructions. But I don’t see the firmware on the HP website (there is no driver item there), or on the Poly Lens (there is no such device in the list of devices).

See screenshots:  link to google drive 

HP Recommended

Hello @DmitryUK 

for now please use >this< link to download the CX5500 1.3.5 software

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Dear @SteffenBaierUK,

Thanks for the link, I downloaded and updated the CX5500 firmware to the latest version - 1.3.5.140102.  Unfortunately, updating the firmware and reinstalling all drivers did not solve my problem. The mute button does not work correctly. Perhaps you know the solution, I will describe the problem in more detail:

On the CX5500, there are three microphone mute buttons. Usually the button is gray (not illuminated). When you press it for the first time, the button lights up red and the microphone in Windows is turned off. When you press it a second time, the button turns green and the microphone turns on. Pressed another red one, pressed another green one.

Now, when you press the button for the first time, everything is fine, it lights up red and the microphone is muted in windows. But when you press it a second time, the button turns gray and the microphone does not turn on. You press the button a third time, it lights up red again, but the microphone in Windows turns on. And now the user does not understand whether their microphone is turned on or not.

This problem occurs on two different CX5500 devices with different firmware and different windows (10 and 11 latest version).

Can you tell me what else I can check or reinstall?

And yes, when I updated the firmware, the button lit up green/red, so everything is fine with the backlight.

HP Recommended

Hello @DmitryUK ,

as already explained the CX5500 is end of support and end of life.

So far you have not told us what application the CX5500 is being used with. Is this for the phone side of things or the Windows side of things?

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

SteffenBaierUK,

CX5500 is end of support - accepted.

I use Microsoft Teams. But the problem is in Windows itself (Windows 10\11 x64). If you go to the control panel - audio - recording - and select the microphone polycom. In the levels tab, there is a button to mute the sound. And when you press buttons on the CX5500, you can monitor how the device is not working correctly in the system.

HP Recommended

Hello @DmitryUK 

I suggest using the CX5500 with a system that does not have Microsoft Teams installed. If this works then please go ahead and open a ticket with Microsoft to get their team to look at the issue with Microsoft Teams.

If this is not working on a clean Teams free system then there is nothing us volunteers can do.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

Steffen Baier,

Yes, that is right. Polycom does not work in a clean system.

I will continue to look for a solution. Тhanks for your  help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.