Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I do know that the latest firmware version is 8.1.5. But from the phone web page (which I enter via the phone IP Address) it shown that the latest version is 8.1.1.
My phone is currently running on 8.0.2 with the 2022 Teams App version.  

Not only was I was unable to update from the Poly phone web, I am unable to update it via Teams Admin Centre.

Need to update the phone as it kept on auto restarting on its own. 

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hello,

In case it is helpful to anyone, I was running into a similar issue and was able to mitigate the problem using the following high level process:

- Temporarily provisioning the CCX 500 with Poly Lens***;

- Allowing PL to automatically update the firmware to the latest version (8.1.5.1732 as of this writing);

- Performing a factory reset on the CCX 500;

- Registering the CCX 500 back to Microsoft Teams.

*** I referenced "Method 1: Web UI and Provisioning Credentials" in the following blog article for guidance:

https://www.kevinurena.com/2023/07/how-to-provision-poly-ccx-trio-vvx-edge-e-phones-with-poly-lens.h...

Once done, TAC reflected latest firmware version. The Teams App required a single update to the latest release.

emmphoneguy_1-1706698967087.png

emmphoneguy_0-1706698946256.png

HP Recommended

Hello @emmphoneguy 

welcome to the HP Poly Community.

The process is detailed in our public VoIP FAQ post here:

Oct 7, 2011 Question: How can I set up my Phone / Provisioning / Download / Upgrade / Update / Downgrade Software?
Resolution: Please check => here <= and you need Poly Lens now to get access to Poly Software.

The above covers all angles including Poly Lens

Best regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello Steffen,

I was actually responding to the original issue reported with a workaround that I used to mitigate the problem. One should not have to use Poly Lens to update firmware if registered with Microsoft Teams Admin Center. However, there is clearly some issue with Microsoft-Poly that is preventing updates to occur within the TAC as expected. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @emmphoneguy ,

our Partner Microsoft has a built-in logic to only offer firmware updates depending on the current release "asking" for an update.

Depending on the version the phone is running from the factory the Microsoft TAC offers later versions of the Poly firmware and in addition the Microsoft Teams app.

The Web Interface of the phone should enable to update of the phone as a single device or using Poly Lens or a local provisioning server allow to uphgrade to a firmware version at the users discression.

Any questions around Microsoft and firmware or Teams application versions should be raised with our Partner Microsoft directly.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hello @SteffenBaierUK,

I wasn't posing a question. I experienced a similar issue to the original one reported and offered feedback on a workaround that worked for me. I do have an open case with Microsoft to investigate the problem.

Once a Poly CCX series is registered with Teams Admin Center, automatic updates should take over or identify available updates to be applied manually. These were fairly new phones (purchased within the past 30 days), but TAC would not identify them as needing an update despite running just a few versions behind. Other devices with the same make/model and earlier releases updated as expected, so this clearly points to an issue with the process - whether it is specific to a particular version or versions. I've been working with these phones for several years, so am familiar with them and the process. Unless something has changed within the past few weeks, initial registration with Poly Lens or manipulation of the phone configuration prior to Teams registration should not be required. Thanks.

HP Recommended

Hello @emmphoneguy 

HP Poly manufactures phones and the software on these phones is not changed often in the factory as we need to ensure our partners have time to validate software versions. This i the reason for phones running an older release even if they are manufactured only recently.

We used to publish these changes via the Poly support page but I am not sure where these are held now we are HP.

Best regards

Steffen Baier

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.