Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

My BT700 does not work or even light up. My Poly Lens app cannot seem to detect its existence.

Pls help

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended

Hello, @BobBT700, and welcome to the HP Poly community.

I am sorry to hear that you are facing issues with the Poly BT700.

Could you please let me know the make and model of the headset so that I can assist you further and better?

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

Thanks for prompt response. I use my BT700 with Plantronics voyager 5200 ...

HP Recommended

Thank you for the information. @BobBT700 

Could you please try connecting the BT700 to a different USB port or a different laptop to check if the issue persists?
Also, please let me know when you are facing this issue.

Regards,
Meghana 

HP Recommended

when i switch to another usb port on same pc or place in another pc (and set up poly lens software), it still does not work, i.e. no recognition of bt700 and light on BT700 does not light up

HP Recommended

Could you please let me know if the BT700 adapter was working perfectly before? @BobBT700 

Regards,
Meghana

HP Recommended

it was working fine. it got the bt700 in aug 2023. 

however, i have not been using my voyager 5200 with my pc much for last 1-2 months due to the holidays and also as i have been taking calls directly with my iphone (voyager 5200 works fine with my phone) 

only noticed the problem today when i wanted to take a zoom call on my pc

HP Recommended

Thank you for the update. @BobBT700 

It seems like you have tried almost all the troubleshooting, and it looks like the BT700 dongle is faulty. I would request that you contact HP Support to get the headset replaced if it is under warranty, and our support engineers should be able to sort this out. HP Support can be reached by clicking on the following link:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/poly

Regards,

Meghana

HP Recommended

thanks for your help. i am now in Singapore. i will call the distributor whom i got the BT700 tomorrow to see what to do next ...

appreciate the prompt help

HP Recommended

Thank you so much. Please let me know if you need anything else. I will be happy to assist you further. 

Regards,
Meghana

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.