Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
OMEN by HP 40L Gaming Desktop PC GT21-0000i (392G1AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

I cant put pc to sleep manually it doesnt work when i press sleep it goes to log off screen.

After 30 min idle pc goes to sleep by himself and than fans and lights starts on after min or more then off, that repeats several times. 

I turn off wake up timers,and usb wakers to off and unplugged headset,keyboard,mouse just in case and still the same.

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/7jJ_-TjdHJk

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi @LuXoR159 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing some issues with your HP Omen 40L gaming desktop PC.

Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

Check Power Settings:

• Go to Control Panel > Power Options.
  • Make sure that the power plan settings are configured properly. Try setting the "Put the computer to sleep" option to a longer duration or set it to never to see if the issue persists.
  • Check the advanced power settings to ensure that there are no settings conflicting with the sleep mode.

Update Drivers and BIOS:

• Make sure all device drivers, including graphics drivers, chipset drivers, and BIOS, are up to date. You can usually find updates on the HP support website for your specific model.

Run Power Troubleshooter:

• In Windows 11, you can use the built-in Power Troubleshooter to diagnose and fix power-related issues. To access it, go to Settings > System > Troubleshoot > Additional troubleshooters > Power > Run the troubleshooter.

Check for Background Processes:

• Sometimes background processes or applications can prevent the computer from entering sleep mode properly. Check Task Manager to see if any applications or processes are running that may be causing the issue.

Check for Hardware Issues:

• Check for any loose connections or faulty hardware components, such as the power supply unit (PSU) or motherboard.

Reset Power Settings to Default:

• You can try resetting the power settings to default by opening Command Prompt as an administrator and running the following command: powercfg -restoredefaultschemes

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

I reinstall windows 2 times, and still the same i didnt install anything else by drivers, when pc goes to sleep, after 5,10 minutes fan start turn on  and ram lighting then shut down, it doesnt show anything on screen. And that repeats all times when is in sleep.

I disable wakers, mouse all device unplug to wake pc. 

All drivers is up to dates.

Maybe windows waking up?

HP Recommended

Hi @LuXoR159,

Thank you for your response, I appreciate your efforts. As the issue persists, I am sorry to hear that  This needs one-on-one interaction  I'm sending out a private message to assist you with the next course of action. 

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

I have the exact same issue. What is the resolution to this?

HP Recommended

What resolution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.