Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

My hp laptop shut itself down while i was charging my phone on it, its been 2 days now and i cant get it back on. When i press the power button, the "on button" beeps and then stops, what might be the problem

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Karie19,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

To isolate the issue if its hardware or software, let's try a few steps. 

POWER DRAIN:

Please disconnect all the devices and cables connected to your computer including the power cable and then press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and connect the power cable back again and try to power on the computer.

CBR:

Press windows key and then follow by the key "B" this time and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+B for 3-4 seconds more.

CMOS RESET:

Press windows key and then followed by the key "V" and then the power button for around 3-4 seconds, then release the power button and continue to hold windows+V for 3-4 seconds, you may not receive a response from the computer, Please let me know what happens.

Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Thanks, i'll try that and i'll keep you posted

HP Recommended

Hi @Karie19,

Appreciate it. 

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.