Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
hp envy 5000
macOS 10.14 Mojave

I am having trouble scanning on my HP ENVY 5000 PRINTER

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @morffis ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're encountering issues with scanning on your HP ENVY 5000 printer, there are a few troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Ensure Proper Connection: Make sure your printer is properly connected to your Mac via USB cable or through your network. If it's a wireless connection, ensure that the printer is connected to the same network as your Mac.
  • Check Printer Status: Ensure that your printer is turned on and that there are no error messages displayed on the printer's control panel.
  • Software Update: Make sure your printer's software is up to date. You can do this by visiting the HP website and downloading the latest drivers and software for your printer model.
  • Restart Printer and Computer: Sometimes, simply restarting both your printer and your Mac can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Reset Printing System: You can try resetting the printing system on your Mac. To do this, go to System Preferences > Printers & Scanners, right-click (or Ctrl + click) on the printer list, and select "Reset printing system." Keep in mind that this will remove all printers from your list, so you'll need to add your printer again afterward.
  • Check Scanner Settings: Ensure that the scanner is enabled on your printer and that it's properly configured. You may need to consult your printer's user manual for specific instructions on how to check and configure scanner settings.
  • Verify Permissions: Check if the scanning software has the necessary permissions to access your scanner. Go to System Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy tab, and make sure the scanning software is listed and allowed to access the scanner.
  • Test with Different Software: Try scanning from a different application to see if the issue is specific to one software. For example, you can try scanning using Image Capture, Preview, or Adobe Acrobat.

Refer to this document: HP ENVY 5000 All-in-One Printer series User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.