Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw
Microsoft Windows 11

I'm trying to scan a large documents (12 pages) but no matter if I do manually or trough the feeder, after page 7 the app getting close with out any reason and with out to save the file.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @OSantos,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

Print and Scan Doctor Click here

Download and run this app to automatically fix a wide range of printer-specific issues.

It sounds like there may be an issue with the scanning software or driver on your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M283fdw. Here are a few steps you can take to try to resolve the problem:

Update the HP Smart App: Make sure you are using the latest version of the HP Smart app. If not, update it from the Microsoft Store or HP's website.

Check for Windows Updates: Ensure that your Windows 11 operating system is up to date. Sometimes, Windows updates can resolve compatibility issues with printers and scanning software.

Restart the Printer: Turn off the printer, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This can sometimes resolve temporary issues.

Reinstall the HP Smart App: If updating the app doesn't help, try uninstalling and reinstalling the HP Smart app to see if that resolves the problem.

Check for Driver Updates: Ensure that you have the latest drivers installed for your printer. You can download the latest drivers from the HP website.

Try a Different Scanning Software: If the issue persists, try using a different scanning software to see if the problem is with the HP Smart app or the printer itself.

Check for Error Messages: If there are any error messages displayed when the app closes, note them down and use them to troubleshoot further or contact HP support for assistance.

Also, Perform the steps from this document and see if that helps. 

If none of these steps resolve the issue, there may be a more complex problem with the printer or its software that requires further troubleshooting. In that case, it's best to contact HP phone support for assistance.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.