Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

i have all full tank with original HP product however the CYAN is not printing and the report shows that it is empty but it is not. I tried using the APP solutions to fix this to no avail. 

I opened the printer and wiggled the ink around and squeezed the tubes in case there was a block also to no avail

any suggestions?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @prettyinpink1,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you've already tried some common troubleshooting steps, which is good. Here are a few additional suggestions you can try:

Clean the printhead: Sometimes, the printhead can get clogged with dried ink, especially if the printer hasn't been used for a while. Most printers have a utility for cleaning the printhead. You can usually find this in the printer's settings menu or by accessing it through your computer's printer settings.

Manual cleaning: If the automated printhead cleaning doesn't work, you can try manually cleaning the printhead. This usually involves removing the ink cartridges and using a lint-free cloth lightly moistened with water or a special printhead cleaning solution to gently wipe the printhead.

Check for firmware updates: Sometimes, printer issues can be resolved with a firmware update. Check if there are any updates available for your printer model and install them if necessary.

Try a different ink cartridge: While it's unlikely that a brand new cartridge is faulty, it's not impossible. If you have another cyan cartridge available, try swapping them out to see if the issue persists. This can help determine if the problem lies with the cartridge itself or with the printer.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.