Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Note: From May 1, 2024, the HP Scan and Capture app will no longer be available (retired) in the Microsoft Store and HP will not release any further app updates. Alternatively, you can download HP Smart from the Microsoft Store. For more information on how to set up your printer using the HP Smart app, go to HP printer setup (HP Smart app).
Common problems HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to scan
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about HP Solution Center not working : Adobe Flash Player Error and Unable to Scan.
HP Recommended

HP ENVY 6455ePrinter. Printing was fine. Copying was working previously but is now stopped. Tried 3 times and it will not work.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @MrsHelpful ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you're experiencing issues with your HP ENVY 6455e Printer's copying function. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try to resolve the problem:

• Check Paper Tray: Make sure there's enough paper in the paper tray and that it's loaded correctly.
  • Check Ink or Toner Levels: Ensure that there is sufficient ink or toner in the printer. Low ink levels can sometimes cause copying issues.
  • Restart the Printer: Turn off the printer, unplug it from the power source, wait for about 30 seconds, and then plug it back in. Turn the printer back on and try copying again.
  • Check for Paper Jams: Even if printing is fine, there might be a small piece of paper stuck somewhere that's affecting the copying function. Open the printer cover and check for any paper jams or obstructions.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Check if there are any firmware updates available for your printer on the HP support website. Updating the firmware can sometimes resolve issues with printer functions.Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Reset Printer Settings: You can try resetting the printer to its default settings. This option is usually available in the printer settings menu.
  • Clean the Scanner Glass: If the scanner glass is dirty or smudged, it can affect the quality of copies. Use a soft, lint-free cloth and glass cleaner to clean the scanner glass thoroughly.
  • Check Printer Settings: Ensure that the printer settings for copying are configured correctly. Make sure the correct paper size, paper type, and other settings are selected.
  • Test with Different Paper: Sometimes, using a different type or size of paper can resolve copying issues. Try using a different type or size of paper and see if the problem persists.

Refer to this document:  HP ENVY 6455e All-in-One Printer User manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Hi @MrsHelpful ,

I hope this message finds you well. I wanted to follow up on the technical issue that we discussed earlier and confirm that it has been successfully resolved.

If you encounter any further issues or have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us. We are here to assist you and provide any necessary support.

I will be archiving this case for now; however, you can respond to the same thread to continue the conversation.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Take care and have a great day ahead!

Gaya1239 

HP Support

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.