Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP ENVY x360 15.6 inch 2-in-1 Laptop PC 15-ew0000 (549V8AV)

Hello i got problem with connecting my s23 uktra to hp laptop.it doesnot show my mobile.alwasy ask for duet display connection

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @SurajBasnet,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like you are trying to connect your Samsung S23 Ultra to your HP ENVY x360 laptop but are facing issues with the connection not being recognized, and instead, it prompts you to use Duet Display. This problem can often be resolved by checking a few settings and making sure everything is properly configured for the connection you intend to use. Here are some steps you can follow to troubleshoot and possibly fix the issue:

Check USB Cable and Ports: Ensure that the USB cable you are using is in good condition and supports data transfer. Some cables are only designed for charging. Try using a different cable or different USB ports on your laptop to rule out any hardware issues.

Update Drivers: Make sure that the drivers for your USB ports and your mobile device are up to date on your laptop. You can check for driver updates through the Device Manager on Windows:

• Right-click on the Start menu and select Device Manager.
  • Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers and expand the menu.
  • Right-click on each USB driver and select "Update driver."

Enable File Transfer on Your Phone: When you connect your phone to the laptop, ensure that the phone is set to file transfer mode. You should see a notification pop up on your phone when it's connected to the laptop, from where you can select "File transfer" or "Transferring files."

Check for Software Conflicts: If Duet Display is installed and is interfering with the connection, try temporarily disabling or uninstalling it to see if that resolves the issue. Duet Display might be taking over the connection for its screen mirroring function.

Enable USB Debugging: Sometimes enabling USB debugging on your phone can help establish a better connection. To enable USB debugging:

• Go to Settings on your phone.
  • Find "About phone" and tap on "Build number" seven times to enable Developer options.
  • Go back to the main settings page, enter Developer options, and enable USB debugging.

Restart Both Devices: Restart both your laptop and your smartphone. This can resolve any temporary glitches affecting the connectivity.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Rachel571 

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.