Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
It just printed the sheet randomly. This system makes absolutely no sense to me but it is working now.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to set up my wireless connection but am being asked for WPA  where do I find this?    I've searched everywhere.

Thanks

HP Recommended

WPA is otherwise known as your wireless network password.

If you don't know what it is, I can help you find it (it is inside your wireless router).  What router are you using?

I am employed by HP

Say thanks by clicking "Kudos" "thumbs up" in the post that helped you.
HP Recommended

WPA passphase on HP Phoyosmart 5510 B111a

HP Recommended

The passphrase is not housed or sourced in your printer.  It is a setting in your wireless router.  What router are you using?

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

I have an HP Officejet J4680 and am trying to set up wireless printing. Every time I enter my WPA passphrase, I get the message telling me that the WPA security passphrase configured on my printer does not match mywireless router setting. What should I do?

HP Recommended

I have the same problem. When I had Comcast, I would enter the passphrase...correctly...over and over. It would continue to tell me it was incorrect. I forget how I finally was able to get it to work. Now, we've switched to AT&T and the same thing is happening. I'm entering the...all numbers...exactly as AT&T told me. It's saying it's the wrong passphrase. It's definitely NOT the wrong passphrase.

HP Recommended

On the front of the printer: Setup > Network > Restore Defaults.   Then in the same menu run the Wireless Setup WIzard again.

I am employed by HP

HP Recommended

This does not seem to solve the problem, unfortunatley. I'm still being told that the WPA paraphrase is incorrect. Any other suggestions? Thanks!

HP Recommended

Verify you can connect with no security.  Disable all security on the router and attempt to connect the printer now.  Are you successful?  If yes, go back and add WPA2-AES security with a password, no special characters, letters and numbers only.  Are you successful?  If no, hard reset your router and reconfigure it back from scratch and perform the above again.  Are you successful?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.