Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

Go envy 6000 series. This printer has never worked properly a single day I’ve had it. It won’t even print now, doesn’t give me any errors anywhere simply will not print. Doesn’t even attempt to print. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @5Charity,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds frustrating to deal with your HP Envy 6000 series printer not functioning correctly. Let's try a few troubleshooting steps to see if we can resolve the issue:

Check Connections: Ensure that the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's a wireless printer, verify that it's connected to the right Wi-Fi network.

Restart Your Printer and Computer: Simple restarts can sometimes resolve communication issues between devices. Turn off your printer, wait a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Do the same with your computer.

Check Printer Status:

• On your computer, go to the control panel and select "Devices and Printers" (Windows) or "Printers & Scanners" (Mac).
  • Check if your printer is set as the default printer. If not, right-click (or control-click on Mac) on your printer icon and select 'Set as default printer'.
  • Also, look for any queued documents that might be causing an issue and clear them by right-clicking on the printer icon and selecting 'See what's printing' > right-click on any stuck print jobs and choose 'Cancel'.

Printer Software and Drivers:

• Ensure that your printer drivers are up-to-date. Visit the HP website, find the support section for your printer model, and download the latest drivers.
  • If updates don’t help, you might try uninstalling and then reinstalling the printer software.

Check Ink Levels and Printer Status: Low ink or toner can be the culprit sometimes. Also, check for any error messages on the printer’s display and ensure there are no paper jams or other physical issues.

Print a Test Page:

• You can usually print a test page directly from the printer's control panel. This can help determine if the issue is with the printer itself or the connection to your computer.

HP Print and Scan Doctor (for Windows):

• HP provides a free tool called HP Print and Scan Doctor, which can diagnose and resolve printing problems. Download and run this tool to check for issues.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.