Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
OfficeJet Pro 8715
iOS

I printed a PDF from iPad Pro and the result was this (a link to onedrive):

[link removed per Rules Of Participation]

What's wrong?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Heikki2,

Thanks for engaging in the HP community. Fabulous description and splendid diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you try printing PDF files with HP Smart app?
  • Did this occur after a recent software or OS update?
  • Did you try printing other documents and check if it prints?
  • Does it make photocopies directly from the printer?
  • What is the exact error message that you get?
  • Did you run the latest iOS updates and check if it gets fixed?
  • Is it a wireless direct connection or a wireless connection which connects to the router?
  • Are all the devices like the IPad and the printer connected to the same wireless network?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

This should fix the issue. If it continues, then try these steps:

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@Heikki2,

Thanks for engaging in the HP community. Fabulous description and splendid diagnosis of the issue. It is amply appreciated.

Let me gather some information for better clarity to assist you correctly:

• Did you try printing PDF files with HP Smart app?
  • Did this occur after a recent software or OS update?
  • Did you try printing other documents and check if it prints?
  • Does it make photocopies directly from the printer?
  • What is the exact error message that you get?
  • Did you run the latest iOS updates and check if it gets fixed?
  • Is it a wireless direct connection or a wireless connection which connects to the router?
  • Are all the devices like the IPad and the printer connected to the same wireless network?

I will be providing a roadmap with some troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue. Let us try these steps:

This should fix the issue. If it continues, then try these steps:

Good luck and keep me posted about the developments. If this helps, please mark this as Accepted Solution as it will help several others with the same issue and give the post a Kudos for my efforts to help. Thank you and have a great week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hello!

Resetting printer seemed to help although I printed straight from the app (first clicking Airdrop-symbol and so on) .  HP Smart is installed.

OS is up to date and problem did not occur after a recent software or OS update.

Other documents print Ok. 

Printer works Ok with photocopies and printing from Windows.

No error message.

Printer is up to date (and iPad as I mentioned before).

Wireless direct is off.

HP Recommended

@Heikki2

Great news!

Glad to know that the suggested steps helped and it printing well now. Hope it remains that way.

As @DavidSMP is out of the office today, I'm replying to you. 

I truly appreciate your patience and efforts.

However, please feel free to reach out to us for any further queries.

Till then wishing you happy printing! 🙂

HP Recommended

@Heikki2,

I am glad that the information helped in some way.

Thanks and have a great week ahead.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.