Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended

hata.jpeg

HP Recommended

I have a new LaserJet Pro M227fdw that I guess needs a reset, as it is printing multiple pages and wasting tons of paper and ink....

content-length : 179

Content-typr : appplilcation/ipp

blah blah blah

Help

Need instructions how to reset and get this back working. It is our only printer here

HP Recommended

I have the same issue can you send me the NVRAM steps

HP Recommended

Not sure if this will help anyone. I was having this issue with a LaserJet Pro M201DW, the printer operated correctly when connected to one computer and demonstrated the multiple pages of blah blah blah when connected to another. I noticed it was installed with the HP universal printing driver on the malfunctioning computer. I uninstalled all instances of the driver and printer then reinstalled with the HP full solution from the printers driver page and it straightened out. I'm sure you guys have already done this but it worked for me.

HP Recommended

I am having the same issues. Can you please email me instructions on how to reset?

HP Recommended

this seems to be a common problem.  Can you put the instructions out so everyone that has this issue can possibly resolve it

HP Recommended

You can try this suggestion from the Brother support pages: https://help.brother-usa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/183921/

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Hi community users!

I also come to bring a new alternative for you to try to solve the problem.

Follow the steps below:

1. Disconnect the device from PC
2. Go to Devices and Printers
3. Right click on printer icon and click remove device
4. Install the basic driver (For example for the product series HP Color LaserJet Pro M182-m185 Multifunction Printer series navigate to Driver-Product installation software, download any of the Full or Basic drivers that match the product model: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-color-laserjet-pro-m182-m185-multifunction-print...).
5. Connect the device again.

If you were able to resolve the failure with this step-by-step guide or with previous tips, please let us know, this way we in the community will know that you were helped and we will reach more people who also need help.

💡If you have any questions regarding another topic, please click here to create a new post. 

I work on behalf of HP.
HP Recommended

Try the Universal PostScript driver. You may need to go to your printer properties and tell it to use the postscript driver specifically.

https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/swdetails/hp-universal-print-driver-series-for-windows/model/50...

HP Recommended

I have reset my printer multiple times and this issue is not resolved

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.