Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP Photosmart C6380 All-in-One Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Can I get firmware to reload and see if that clears a permanent paper jam?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @robertgq,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

You can typically find firmware updates for your HP printer on the official HP support website. You'll need to navigate to the support section, enter your printer model (in your case, HP C6380), and look for firmware updates specific to your printer model.

Updating the firmware might resolve certain issues, but if your printer is reporting a permanent paper jam, it's possible that there's a mechanical issue that a firmware update won't fix. Before attempting a firmware update, I'd suggest trying some basic troubleshooting steps for paper jams:

• Turn off the printer: Always start by turning off the printer and unplugging it from the power source. This prevents any damage to the printer and ensures your safety.
  • Clear any visible jammed paper: Open the printer cover and carefully remove any jammed paper. Be sure to follow the HP instructions for clearing paper jams, as forcing the paper out can damage the printer further.
  • Check for small pieces of paper: Sometimes, small shreds of paper can remain in the printer and cause jams. Use a flashlight to thoroughly inspect the printer for any remaining paper debris.
  • Clean the rollers: Paper jams can also occur due to dirty or worn-out rollers. Clean the rollers with a lint-free cloth lightly dampened with water or isopropyl alcohol. Make sure the rollers are dry before reassembling the printer.
  • Reset the printer: After clearing any jams and cleaning the printer, plug it back in and turn it on. Try printing a test page to see if the issue persists.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.