Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP OfficeJet 4650 All-in-One Printer

the screen on my HP officejet 4650 said "error OXB91EBD38" and then died. it wont power up. i tried online solutions that required trying another power cord and/or receptacle. i tried changing the power cord. no luck. 

i tried the 11/3/23 HP forum solution  from gaya 1239. no luck.

there doesnt seem to be many options  if it wont power up.

could this be a power module problem?

thanks for any ideas!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

its fixed! the solution is so basic, easy, and cheap that im beating myself up for not thinking of it sooner.  OK, so i went on youtube and watched a few how-to videos. one had 11 ways to fix it. i tried all the ones that didnt require disassembly.  no luck. the final video is one by bassguitarist1985, title: HPofficejet4655 printer:black screen no boot: cause and repair. its 7:10 long.

at the 3:44 mark  he  starts taking the printer apart to remove the logic board. i wasnt about to do that. but he said it had dust on it.  DUH! i  have 2 large hairy dogs and seldom dust. so i sprayed some pressurized air in the crevices and the place where the power cord goes.  bingo! it started right up.

so that is what finally worked.  you are welcome to share this solution with the world!  if you are a member on youtube, will you please thank bassguitarist for me?

i dont know HP etiquette. should i "accept as solution" your most recent comment? 

thank you so much for your support!

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Try the following.

https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Printing-Errors-or-Lights-Stuck-Print-Jobs/need-to-know-error-code-oxb...

Please let us know if it worked. The previous user did not bother to reply.

If not then try a hard reset although you will need to reconnect the network

Try the hard reset as shown in this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W49WuAXp4RQ

Thank you for using HP products and posting to the community.
I am a community volunteer and do not work for HP. If you find
this post useful click the Yes button. If I helped solve your
problem please mark this as a solution so others can find it
HP Recommended

hello, BB. thank you for your reply. the 30434 link took me to a page i had tried before posting.  laura719 was the person with the problem, and gaya1239 the responder. the page also asked me to start a conversation but i didnt do that, because im already in one now.

wlll  try to muddle through the hard reset now.

either way i promise to get back to you.  it might take me awhile, its new territory. hopefully  i will have good news. 

thanks again.

PS i dont like rude people either.

HP Recommended

OK that was fast. the video asked me to go to the home screen, which i cant do because the printer wont power up at all. 

i cant call HP because im out of warranty. will come back at this tomorrow.

thank you for trying to help me, though. 

tenzoi

HP Recommended

That support agent is still active.  You can try a PM or post on the thread and mention the hard reset did not work.

If you get an answer please share it with me.

HP Recommended

its fixed! the solution is so basic, easy, and cheap that im beating myself up for not thinking of it sooner.  OK, so i went on youtube and watched a few how-to videos. one had 11 ways to fix it. i tried all the ones that didnt require disassembly.  no luck. the final video is one by bassguitarist1985, title: HPofficejet4655 printer:black screen no boot: cause and repair. its 7:10 long.

at the 3:44 mark  he  starts taking the printer apart to remove the logic board. i wasnt about to do that. but he said it had dust on it.  DUH! i  have 2 large hairy dogs and seldom dust. so i sprayed some pressurized air in the crevices and the place where the power cord goes.  bingo! it started right up.

so that is what finally worked.  you are welcome to share this solution with the world!  if you are a member on youtube, will you please thank bassguitarist for me?

i dont know HP etiquette. should i "accept as solution" your most recent comment? 

thank you so much for your support!

HP Recommended

I am just glad you got it working.  Your answer is the solution but you could mark mine as helpful if you want.

It is likely the debris was blocking a optical sensor or preventing a mechanical switch from closing or opening.

Cleaning dust and debris from the inside needs to be associated with a solution to the 0xB91EBD38 problem and marking your post as a solution would help others find the answer.

HP Recommended

BB. youre right about the effect of the dust. darn boards are so sensitive. but id be embarrassed to mark my own post  as  "the solution," its only one of many.  (you can do it, if you think it would help others) . im just glad the printer is working again! best of luck to you, your ratings  are impressive!  

HP Recommended

Only authors and actual HP employees can mark a post as a solution.

HP Recommended

OK you talked me into it.  thanks again for your support, BB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.