Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet M110we Printer
Microsoft Windows 11

Orange light continually flashing and cannot print, printer listed as offline

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @pozzociolino,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When the orange light on your HP LaserJet M110we is flashing continuously and the printer is listed as offline, it typically indicates an issue that needs attention. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check for Paper Jams: Open the printer's access door and check for any paper jams. If you find any, carefully remove the jammed paper.
  • Check Toner Cartridge: Ensure that the toner cartridge is properly installed and has not run out of toner. If the toner is low or empty, replace it with a new one.
  • Restart the Printer: Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Connectivity: Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's connected via USB, ensure the cable is securely plugged in. If it's a network printer, check the network connection and restart your router if necessary.
  • Update Printer Driver: Ensure that you have the latest printer driver installed on your computer. You can usually download the latest driver from the HP website.
  • Reset the Printer: If other steps fail, try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Sometimes firmware updates can resolve issues with the printer. Check the HP website for any available firmware updates for your printer model and follow the instructions to install them.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue with the flashing orange light and get your HP LaserJet M110we printer back online.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @pozzociolino,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

When the orange light on your HP LaserJet M110we is flashing continuously and the printer is listed as offline, it typically indicates an issue that needs attention. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.

• Check for Paper Jams: Open the printer's access door and check for any paper jams. If you find any, carefully remove the jammed paper.
  • Check Toner Cartridge: Ensure that the toner cartridge is properly installed and has not run out of toner. If the toner is low or empty, replace it with a new one.
  • Restart the Printer: Turn off the printer, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. Sometimes a simple restart can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Check Connectivity: Make sure that the printer is properly connected to your computer or network. If it's connected via USB, ensure the cable is securely plugged in. If it's a network printer, check the network connection and restart your router if necessary.
  • Update Printer Driver: Ensure that you have the latest printer driver installed on your computer. You can usually download the latest driver from the HP website.
  • Reset the Printer: If other steps fail, try resetting the printer to its factory defaults. Refer to the printer's manual for instructions on how to perform a reset.
  • Check for Firmware Updates: Sometimes firmware updates can resolve issues with the printer. Check the HP website for any available firmware updates for your printer model and follow the instructions to install them.

By following these steps, you should be able to troubleshoot the issue with the flashing orange light and get your HP LaserJet M110we printer back online.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

Hi Alden,

Thank you for the many suggestions! I actually already figured out how to perform a reset, and that seems to have solved the problem.

Thank you again

HP Recommended

Hi @pozzociolino,

Thank you for your response, 

Is there anything else that I can help you with today?

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.