Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Dear HP

I have tried this 5 times with my Hp Officejet Pro 8610 but with no success.

John

HP Recommended

I followed the instructions  3 times. the message did not change. What else do you recommend.

HP Recommended

I have the same problem on my HP8600 and have been trying to follow all of the solutions for the last several days, but the error message still exists.  Incredibly frustrating and a huge waste of time.  My printer is out of warranty and I tried asking the Virtual Agent for a way to purchase one time support, which got me nowhere.

If HP is not going to offer even purchased support, I will be purchasing a new printer and it will not be an HP.

HP Recommended

Performed the suggested steps over the last couple months. Did not resolve the issue. My 8610 apparently is plagued with the dying printhead issue. My duty cycle is so low that it's not that. I have used non-hp inks, but that's not "really" an issue with anyone other than HP. The printhead issues have arisen after 2 official HP ink cart cycles, so if anything I'd blame them. Looking at the mechanical and electronics on the printhead, I don't see a point of failure, unless the firmware makes a failure issue. That I'm facing having to fork out $169 for a printhead for a $240 printer just chaps my hide. Why can't you make them more affordable, they're not supposed to be a profit center. Unless the point is buy another printer instead.

HP Recommended

Hi @1MadCow,

I'd like to help!

You may refill your cartridges or use remanufactured cartridges, but you may run into problems. HP will not guarantee the functionality of those ink cartridges.

If you would like to remove the dynamic security feature, go to the Software and Drivers Downloads page for your printer to install the latest firmware version. See Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware for more details. HP recommends you keep your firmware up to date for best results.

You may refer to- Dynamic Security Feature Affecting Cartridges Using Non-HP Security Chip

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

And, Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping

HP Recommended

You didn't even read the post. 

HP Recommended

The printhead is a combo pack with the setup cartridges, when a printhead is purchased you are paying for both the printhead and the cartridges.

You may reach the HP Phone support team for upgrade or service options.

Hope this helps!

HP Recommended

Hi community!

The following link may also help you:

How to solve print head error for Officejet 8600 to 8660

SofiaML
HP Support Community

I work on behalf of HP.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.