Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
hp 9010
Microsoft Windows 11

I cannot reconnect printer to wireless internet. I need to access control panel to make changes but do not know control panel lock username and password to sign in to change. How do I restore printer to factory reset without control panel lock info? I want to set to factory so I can reinstall. I see this was resolved but required a specific link from HP support. Please provide the link.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @bbrham1953,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I can guide you through the general process of restoring your HP Officejet Pro 9010 printer to factory settings without needing access to the control panel lock information.

Here's a general guide:

• Turn off the printer: Make sure the printer is turned off before you begin.
  • Press and hold the Wireless and Cancel buttons together: While holding down these buttons, press and hold the Power button.
  • Continue holding the buttons: Keep holding the Wireless and Cancel buttons, and the Power button for about 10-15 seconds. Then release them.
  • Wait for the reset: The printer will reset itself to factory settings. This process might take a few moments.
  • Setup again: Once the reset is complete, you'll need to set up the printer again as if it were new. Follow the on-screen prompts to connect it to your wireless network and complete the setup.

This method should reset your HP Officejet Pro 9010 printer to its factory settings, allowing you to set it up again from scratch without needing the control panel lock information.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
HP Recommended

The HP OfficeJet 9010 does not have physical buttons that can be held down while turning on power.

All functionality is through the control panel touch screen which is not functional during start up.

HP Recommended

Hi @bbrham1953,

Thank you for your response, 

This needs one-on-one interaction hence I'm sending a private message to assist you with the next action.

Please check your Private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Community profile Next, to your profile Name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it or simply click on this link.

I hope this helps! Keep me posted.

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.