Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
6458e

I have been waiting for over an hour case # [Personal Information Removed] for someone to call me. My new printer will not connect and I am trying to print from either my Iphone Ipad or desktop and the message keeps saying connecting

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Beachy1011,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I'm sorry to hear about the trouble you're having with your new printer. It sounds frustrating, especially after waiting for assistance. I can help guide you through some steps to potentially resolve the connectivity issue. Let's try a few things:

Restart Your Printer and Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting your printer and your devices (iPhone, iPad, desktop) can resolve connectivity issues.

Check Your Network:

• Ensure that your printer and all devices are connected to the same Wi-Fi network. Printers usually have a hard time connecting if they're on a different network or a guest network.
  • If your printer has a wired Ethernet connection, check if the cable is properly plugged in and the router recognizes it.

Update Printer Firmware:

• Check if there are any updates available for your printer’s firmware. This can usually be done through the printer’s display screen under the settings or maintenance menu, or via HP website.

Use the HP Printing App:

• Download and install the printer  app on your iPhone and iPad. These apps often provide the most straightforward method to set up and manage printing tasks.
  • Once installed, try setting up the connection to the printer through the app.

Enable Printer Sharing on Desktop:

• If you are using a Windows PC, you can set up printer sharing by going to 'Control Panel' > 'Hardware and Sound' > 'Devices and Printers'. Right-click your printer > 'Printer properties' > 'Sharing' tab, and then check "Share this printer".
  • For a Mac, go to 'System Preferences' > 'Sharing' and select 'Printer Sharing'.

Check for any Error Messages:

• Look at the printer display for any error messages. These messages can provide clues on what needs to be addressed (like paper jams, low ink, or connectivity issues)

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please mark this post as “Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Rachel571

HP Support

Rachel571
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.