Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Common problems for Connectivity Issues
We would like to share some of the most frequently asked questions about Printer Wi-Fi, Connectivity Issues and Offline Status. Check out this link: HP printer is offline or unavailable.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have Laser Jet Pro MFP M277dw which I use every day for printing and scanning. However, today it shows offline and won't scan or print. I've tried everything listed online. Unplugged, restarted, reconnected to Network in my home, connected with USB, and the computer is working fine, so there's no problem with the Network. Also, on HP Smart, it will print a page if I tell it to print a test page. But NOTHING makes it go back online, no matter how many times I've done things. Ready to throw it away and buy a different brand, even though this has been a great printed for YEARS!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @DanOmaha,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you've already tried several troubleshooting steps to resolve the offline issue with your HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw. Since those steps haven't worked, let's try a few more things:

• Restart All Devices: Sometimes, simply restarting all devices involved—your printer, computer, and router—can resolve connectivity issues.
  • Update Printer Firmware: Ensure that your printer has the latest firmware installed. You can usually find firmware updates on the HP website. Sometimes, outdated firmware can cause connectivity issues. Update the firmware on an HP printer
  • Check Printer Settings: Confirm that the printer is set to the correct network connection. You can usually do this through the printer's control panel or its web interface.
  • Reset Network Settings: Try resetting the printer's network settings to default and then reconfigure it to connect to your Wi-Fi network.
  • Firewall/Antivirus Software: Occasionally, firewall or antivirus software on your computer might block the printer's connection. Temporarily disable such software and see if the printer comes back online.
  • IP Address Conflict: Ensure that there are no IP address conflicts on your network. Sometimes, another device may be assigned the same IP address as your printer, causing connectivity issues.
  • Check Printer Ports: If you're using a USB connection, try connecting the printer to a different USB port on your computer. Also, check if there are any issues with the USB cable itself.
  • Factory Reset: As a last resort, you can try performing a factory reset on your printer. Be aware that this will erase all custom settings, so you'll need to reconfigure the printer afterward.

Refer to this document:  HP LaserJet Pro - Printer status is "Offline" and the printer does not print (Windows)
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M277dw User Manual

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.